Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Parent-Teacher Conferences

This Thursday and Friday are our scheduled Parent-Teacher conferences. Please pray for those meetings, for the faculty, for the parents, and for the students. 

While our students are thrilled they get the day off, little do they know how critical these face-to-face meetings are for their educational success. The faculty at our schools truly and intentionally get to know the children they serve. They pray for them. They invest in them. They mentor them. 

As a parent, I always look forward to these meetings as they always give me invaluable insights as to the academic strengths and weaknesses of my children. However, not only do I get to find out where my children are academically, I also learn about their character. My children's teachers see them through a different set of eyes than I do and let me know where they are socially and spiritually. 

The teachers see our children interact in groups; they see them struggle socially; they see them lead or follow. They see the ways they help reach out to each other. They listen to their prayers and can give us insights to their praises and sometimes their fears. 

In other words, I have always been blessed beyond words by the conferences and walk away assured that my children are in the best hands!! Remember to thank and pray for those teachers who pour into our students' lives and partner with our families. 

1 Peter 4:9-11 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment